ENTERTAINMENT- GIFTY ASANTE DISHES KUMAWOOD

As part of our end of the year parkage Rodrexblog paid a surprise visit to one of our finest movie star who since joining the movie world has made a lot of movies and still counting,we caught up with  Gifty Asante in her office as she talks about herself, way forward for Ghana movie industry with reference to Kumawood during our interactions with her.

Rodrexblog:-Please can you tell us your name?

Ans:- My name is Gifty Asante

Rodrexblog:-Where are you from and  how did you got into the movie industry?

Ansr:- Am from Brong ahafo region am sure most people dont know,I join the movie industry when I was in the senior high school, as a young timid girl i use to be part of the school drama group but my love for movies really grew after school, I started going from one production house to another for auditions in search of roles and am sure you have no idea how it feels to struggle through the streets of Accra in search of auditions suddenly I was selected for a trial with a minor role and from there I started winning major roles.
Rodrexblog: -Apart from acting what else do you do?

Ans:- I am a student studying communication in the university that is what I do for now apart from acting

Rodrexblog:-What has been the most challenging factor you've been facing in the movie industry?

Ans:-Previousely Ghana movie industry used to be one of the largest movie industry in Africa but you know Nigeria over the years has made alot of sucesses and one will be wondering why they are still on top of the game  and the answers are not far from what we know now let's make a good comparison between the Nigerian movie industry and Ghana movie industry, in Nigeria we have a lot of producers who put in good money to produce movies while in Ghana nobody is ready to put in such huge amount because when you try it you won't come the second time and the reason been the flooding of Ghanaian movie market with low standard movies produced in kumawood.
The budget used to produced and good movie can make thousands of such local comedy they call movies but i call it (Ghana Comedy) so tell me if you are an investor will you put your money in such business?
And this is because the regulations are not been enforced and that is what has made the English version of the Ghana movies on the declining stage and its very serious adding to the high rate of Mexican TV series in our shores.
And due to the insincerity of the marketers who now double as producers,no other persons want to enter into the movie business which is also bad thereby leaving it for unqualified once.

Rodrexblog:- So what's the way forward?

And:- Strict enforcement of the law and where such laws are not there,enactment should follow

Rodrexblog:- If you have any offer outside Ghana for a project will you accept?

And:-Yes and why not

Rodrexblog:-In the next five years where do you want to be ?

And:- I want to see myself come out as a top movie producer because there are lots of good stories yet untapped not recycled once.

Rodrexblog:- I quite remember few years back I sat before you in CINE-AFRIK studio and today you are seating before me ,so how do you feel ?

And:- I feel great knowing that there are still someone who appreciate me and what I did with him in the past.

Rodrexblog:- Who is your role model in the movie world?

And:- Hahahahaha.... Lol, my role model is Gabriella Union

Rodrexblog:- Do you have any massage for your fans?

And:- I want to wish all my fans a Merry  Xmas an accident free celebration.

Rodrexblog:- Thank you












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

500 excavators, 400 aboboyas scandals: Bring culprits to justice – GPCC

NPP primaries: Ursula Owusu’s contender Albert Kan Dapaah Jnr thrown out by vetting committee to protect Ursula

THE AIRBUS SCANDAL WILL IN NO WAY AFFECT JOHN MAHAMA RE-ELECTION-koku Anyidoho